Monday, September 8, 2014

My Grandmother's Sunday dinners

In honor of Grandparents Day this past sunday (yesterday), I'm sharing a few things I learned from my grandmother. 
1. Always be a lady.
2. Be different,  be artistic,  be an individual,  be you.
3. Let it go. Basically,  let shit go.
4. Relax a little.
5. Nobody cares if you have feet the size of boats, you can always find shoes to fit them! 
6. Don't let your siblings push you around.  (She had 5)
7. Cooking, cook often.  Baking, chocolate chip cookies!  She always had me make those around Christmas time!
8. Be happy-go-lucky.
9. Enjoy life.
10. She was my best friend. 
She was my best friend, my confidant,  my mentor,  my grandmother. I can't tell you how many times we would laugh, cry, and just enjoy each others company.  

I'm glad I could learn such useful things from her, she made my life better in so many ways. I wish she was still here to see how far I've come, from being that dorky little girl to the woman I am today. I believe she would be proud of me, in some of my moments- not all. :) 

Cherish those moments you have with your grandparents, you never know when they could end. 




 Remember, Stay happy&Classy!

2 comments:

  1. Carson, this made me tear up!!! I know that your grandmother was so special to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, no crying allowed! This was meant to be a happy post! Indeed she was! She gave me the gift of art, to see things in a different light, in which I have. :)

      Delete